Full Truckload Transportation Services FTL/TL/LTL Las Vegas, NV
Shipping freight can be expensive. Many of our customers, from large international corporations to small, local businesses, rely on shipping their products across the USA and Canada to continue the success of their operations. At MC Carrier, we understand the importance of (FTL) full truckload transportation as well as offering (LTL) Less-than-truckload options for all our customers, big and small. Choosing the wrong shipping method can end up causing delays and excess costs. With MC Carrier LLC, you can trust that we will always get your freight shipped in the most timely, secure, and cost-effective way.
Unless you are an expert in full truckload transportation, you may not know the common lingo used in the trucking industry. Luckily, the experts at MC Carrier LLC are here to explain exactly what these acronyms mean and why they are so important to understand in the freight shipping industry.
Choosing the right freight shipping method is determined by a number of factors, including the size and weight of your shipment, the classification of your freight, and your delivery timelines. At MC Carrier LLC, we can help manage all of your freight shipping needs.
FTL- Full Truck Load
The term, Full Truckload, may sound pretty self-explanatory, but there’s more to it than just a truck full of freight. Full truckload transportation is primarily used for large shipments that fill an entire truck or are very close to it.
With FTL, your freight is the only freight being shipped on that one individual truck. FTL means you have exclusivity to that particular truck, regardless of whether you have filled the truck to capacity. It means that you don’t have to worry about any other freight on that truck but your own shipment.
TL- Truck Load
(TL) Truck Load and FTL (Full Truckload) are essentially the same things. Both terms mean that your shipment is the only freight being transported on a single truck or trailer. This could be due to the physical size of the freight, or the freight could be heavy enough that it maxes out the allotted weight for the shipment.
Another reason you may choose FTL or TL shipping is if you have highly valuable or fragile freight to ship, as having a truck to yourself would be advantageous in these situations.
Customers don’t have to worry about the truck making other stops before delivering their freight, which could cause delays in transit. Customers can also seal the doors of the trailer to guarantee 100% security to ensure no one else has access to their precious cargo.
Less-Than-Truck-Load means that a single truck will hold more than one shipper’s freight. Instead of having exclusive rights to a truck or trailer, your freight will be shipping along with other freight in order to make the best use of space on the truck or trailer.
This is the best shipping method for small businesses or if you have a shipment of fewer than 6 pallets. LTL shipping can add significantly to transit time as there may be other stops to be made, so it’s the best option for shipping if you don’t have time-sensitive cargo.
Benefits of Full Truckload Transportation Services
When utilizing (TL) truck load and (FTL) full truckload transportation, you benefit in a number of ways.
- FTL shipments are faster as no other stops are being made for pick-ups or drop-offs because your freight is the only shipment on the truck.
- Full truckload freight transport is faster to process as there are fewer concerns about size and weight restrictions, again because your shipment is the only freight to worry about when using FTL transport Nevada.
- There will be less handling of your freight because there are no transfers between trucks mid-transit. This reduces the risk of shipments getting damaged or lost when doing a full truckload freight transport.
- Full truckload transportation can be a cheaper option as opposed to paying for two different trucks to transport at different times.
If you are a large company or corporation with enough freight to take advantage of a full truckload freight transport, it is highly recommended for the above reasons.
Benefits of Shipping with an LTL Trucking Company
MC Carrier LLC is also an LTL trucking company, and there are benefits to using the (LTL) less-than-truckload as well. Especially if you are a small business or have a relatively small shipment.
- LTL freight shipping can be the most cost-effective method for small businesses to ship products. This is because you can share the cost of a truck going to the same destination.
- Shipping with LTL can make shipping to multiple locations an easy option. The logistics team at MC Carrier LLC will assist in coordinating all your items, giving you great flexibility in your shipping options.
- Shipping with an LTL trucking company helps to reduce the environmental impact by using one truck to transport multiple freight loads rather than several trucks.
- Because you can make more shipments when you utilize LTL shipping, you won’t have to house as many products, which reduces the need for storage options. Which can, in turn, save you money.
Whether you are shipping for customer orders or sending materials to a manufacturer,
An LTL trucking company like MC Carrier LLC will always help you to select the most affordable and best shipping methods for your particular needs.
What You Need to Know Before Shipping with an FTL/LT/LTL Trucking Company
Once you understand the difference between a less-than-truckload and a full truckload freight transport, you need to understand a few other variables to help determine which type of shipping method is the right one for you. Here are some questions to get you started:
- What type of shipment do you have? It’s important to know if freight requires a temperature-controlled environment or specialized care during shipping.
- What is the weight class of your shipment? Most LTL shipments weighing less than 4000 lbs are shipped on less than 6 skids or pallets. Full truckload transportation is anything larger than that.
- How is your freight packaged? High-risk or fragile freight usually does better with full truckload transportation due to less freight handling.
- What is your budget? Knowing the specifics of what you can spend on shipping costs can help us determine the best shipping method for you.
- Where will the shipment be dropped off and picked up? This may seem like a no-brainer, but having this information is imperative for an accurate estimate of shipping costs for FTL transport Nevada.
- Who’s paying for the shipping? Many different arrangements and contract terms affect who pays for the shipping, either the shipper or the receiver. Having this information upfront can make sure the shipping process goes forward without a hitch.
- Are there special equipment or services required with your shipment? There could be a number of factors that require specialized equipment or services (temperature-controlled trucks, lift-gate, etc.). MC Carrier LLC can accommodate almost any shipping requirements.
These questions give you a good start on the types of things that need to be considered before hiring an FTL/LTL trucking company. At any time, you can contact the customer service team at MC Carrier LLC, who can answer any questions you may have and recommend the best option for shipping your freight.
MC Carrier LLC: Top US FTL/LT/LTL Trucking Company for 5 Reasons
When it comes to FTL transport Nevada, MC Carrier LLC stands out as the front runner for freight shipping for a number of reasons.
- MC Carrier LLC offers professional FTL/LT/LTL transportation services to customers worldwide with shipments across the continental US. With over 200 trucks, over 300 dry vans, and 60 refrigerated trucks, our fleet can accommodate any type of shipment.
- We were voted 2022 TOP workplace in Las Vegas. We have a positive workplace atmosphere, we highly respect our drivers, and they are a part of the MC Carrier LLC family. Happy drivers make for happy customers!
- MC Carrier LLC is known for its excellent quality service from start to finish. We are dependable and honest, and most importantly, we always put our customers first.
- We provide transparent pricing. What you see is what you get with MC Carrier LLC. There are never any hidden or surprise fees when shipping with FTL transport Nevada.
- Our reputation speaks for itself! Our mission is to provide high-quality service at every stage of the shipping process and get your freight where it needs to be on time!